11 Fun Wedding Themes that Can Save You Thousands
Author: Chris Simeral
Article source: http://www.privatewallpapers.com/. Used with author's permission.
Looking to save money on your wedding reception? Instead of relentlessly paring down your guest list or compromising in other areas, why not think about using a low-cost theme for your special day? A wedding that fits into a particular theme is often more relaxed than your typical reception. And, since there's less pressure to spend exorbitant sums on extras you simply don't need, they can often save you a bundle.
Reception themes allow people to get creative with their celebration and express themselves. People often choose to base their themes on hobbies, personal interests, and dreams. Choosing to go with something like a beach theme, a Mexican fiesta, or a toga party (for a really wild example) is simple -- and the food is cheap and easy. Take a look at some more themes to lessen the cost of your reception.
* Roman theme: The choices with the Roman theme vary. Togas are almost always a part of the festivities. Serving fresh fruits like grapes and apples not only provides a healthy alternative to more traditional fare, it's also in keeping with the typical Roman diet. Serving fresh rotisseries meats or cold cuts are great with this theme as well. You can generally serve beer and wine for this theme, and you can decorate with wreathes, garland, candles and anything else in the Roman fashion.
* Fairy Wonderland: To go with this theme, you could use fairies wings, have sheer fabrics draped around you, decorate with baby's breath, moss, and serve fine breads and appetizers. This theme really lets the bride bring her childhood dreams to life. Music like Enya would be nice to listen to for this theme.
* Ethnic traditions: This theme requires that you choose specialty foods and decorations from the ethnicity of your choice. For example, should you choose a Scottish theme, you would listen to bagpipes, dress in the Scottish fashion and do all things Scottish.
* Mexican fiesta: This fun theme can have you hitting a piñata, serving popular Mexican dishes, utilizing things like Santa Fe decorative blankets for the walls, and many other things. You can play mariachi music or Spanish guitars for this theme.
* Arabian Nights: For this theme you can fill your reception hall with beautiful linens and let your bridal party have costumes should they wish to. You can also serve Middle-Eastern foods or appetizers, pita bread, etc. This theme is very versatile and fun.
* Greek Mythology: This theme can be geared toward a particular Greek saga or, more popularly, guests can each come dressed as a particular Greek hero of their choice. Greek foods like fresh fruits, wine, and other edibles of ancient Greece can be offered.
* Hawaiian: You can use your imagination to create any Hawaiian fantasy that you wish. You can give out fresh leis or artificial ones as wedding favors. You can serve fresh tropical island fruits such as pineapples, and serve those cute tropical drinks with decorative umbrellas - basically, wherever your mind takes you.
* Disney: There are so many popular Disney characters that we all remember from our childhood that this theme opens up a world of possibilities. You can choose to focus on a particular character, or simply take the entire world of Disney and use it as your theme.
* The Wild West: This theme can be as fun as you want. You can set up your reception area to look like an old saloon and have dancers give a tame burlesque show. This theme also allows you to serve easy-to-create entrees like meatloaf, all the way up to more expensive fare, such as steaks. As long as you stick with your theme (i.e. leave out the shrimp cocktail) you can have a great time.
* NASCAR: This theme has a world of possibilities. You can decorate with checkered flags and checkered flag streamers, toy cars, or painted numbers of the different cars and drivers. If you would like, you can decorate with a particular driver motif. The best part about this theme is that it is very casual and you can serve regular foods like pizza, large submarine sandwiches, hamburgers and even chips and nachos; pretty much any food that you want. In general this relaxed type of theme applies to all sports-related themes. This theme is great for receptions where lots of sports fans will be attending. You can also opt to watch a race on a large TV during the party.
* Movies: Popular movie themes like the Matrix and Lord of the Rings can be a lot of fun for receptions when the bride and groom are movie buffs. Decorations will be based on what the general movie symbolizes. For example, if you chose the Matrix, you would use computer data charts and sheets, computers, dress in all black, etc. You could serve appetizers rather than entrees for this type of theme as well. Playing the movie during your reception is a cool idea for background scenery.
When it comes to themes, the possibilities are endless. Coming up with them can be much of the fun. After you have chosen your theme, you can brainstorm ideas to expand upon it for the decorations, food, activities and more. Chris Simeral is the creator of The Ultimate Wedding Vow Toolkit, the wedding-coordinator-approved home-study course for couples personalizing or renewing their wedding vows. Sign up for the free wedding vow mini-course at http://www.weddingvowtoolkit.com.
Return to Home Page