50th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
Author: Renee Michaels
Article source: http://specialgifts.com/. Used with author's permission.
A 50th anniversary gift commemorates a milestone most married couples
wish to reach. What can you possibly give a couple after 50 years of marriage? The
most meaningful wedding anniversary gift is one that comes from the heart: to
express your love and appreciation towards all that they mean to you, how their
staying married through the thick and thin of life has influenced you, to tell about
the warm and loving memories you shared with them throughout the years.
The 50th anniversary is commemorated by gold and the flower is violet. A gift
certainly doesn't have to be gold, wrap a gift in gold paper or paper decorated with
50th anniversary gift ideas for the couple
The best 50th anniversary gift for the couple is one that helps them to enjoy life
more. Many couples don't even want to receive gifts. Give a gift of your time and
help. Make up "Gift of Time" or "Labor of Love" coupons to take them out to their
favorite restaurant, make them a home-cooked meal, chauffeur them on a shopping
trip, run errands for them, take them to a show or movie, have a local landscaping
company take care of their property, have their home repainted. Find out what will
make a difference in the quality of their life.
- Keepsake personalized anniversary gifts, such as a photo quilt or pillow
- Monthly or quarterly lo-carb, dietetic or fruit gift baskets
- Restore their wedding photo and place in a gold frame
- Have a painting or caricature made out of their wedding photo
- As they probably don't cook for themselves as much, gift certificates to
restaurants would be appreciated
- A gift of theater or concert subscription tickets. Make them a patron with VIP
- The children can create a 50th anniversary keepsake journal gift. Ask family and
friends to write a paragraph or two to share a memory with their parents. Or ask for
a photo with the couple that the children don't have and write a caption about it
- Instead of a guest book, buy a music box and fill it with messages of love
written on gold or handmade paper from family and friends
- Are they up for a cruise? Take them on a weekend or week long cruise. They
probably will enjoy sharing this vacation with others
- What could help them personally? Can you lease a car for them? Pay for a
kitchen or other home renovation?
- Do they golf? Pay for private lessons or a VIP membership at their favorite club.
Buy 2 clubs, have them engraved and then gold plated
- What hobbies do they enjoy? Give them gift certificates to their favorite craft or
- Buy tickets to a favorite event and pay for their lodging and food expenses
- Do they volunteer or have a favorite charity? Contribute to their favorite
organization. Find out if a plaque or some other special mention can be given in
Your love and attention will be the most appreciated 50th anniversary gift you can
give your parents or a couple. Make the time for those you love!
Copyright 2005 Renee Michaels Renee Michaels uses her design, writing and life skills to develop web
businesses. Do you need anniversary gift and celebration ideas? Visit LoveGifts for gifts for him, her, your parents and your friends.
Please feel free to use this article in your e-zine, newsletter or web site. Reprint
conditions: You cannot make any changes to the content, author bio and copyright
must be included, and all links must be live. Thank you for your interest!
Return to Home Page